The next World of Warcraft Expansion.
Written by Sean Lizamore.
Warlords of Draenor is the fifth expansion for the ten year old MMO, World of Warcraft. Senior vice president Chris Metzen spoke about Warlords of Draenor’s lore during its announcement stating it goes back thirty World of Warcraft years. Warlords of Draenor will give players a chance to play an important part of one of Warcraft’s most impactful conflicts. Warlords of Draenor will see players travelling to, you guessed it, Draenor where they will confront a new Iron Horde created by the old orc clans. This will give familiar players of World of Warcraft new lands to explore and new enemies to test their keyboard bashing abilities.
A long with the new populated environments Warlords of Draenor also raises the level cap to 100 and allows players to instantly boost one of their characters to level 90. This allows new World of Warcraft players to get right into the shield thumping action in Blizzard’s expansion. Blizzard has also said that Warlords of Draenor will update old character models and animations.
Another new feature in the next instalment is the ability for players to build Garrisons. Garrisons will provide an expandable and customizable stronghold that will act as each player’s private base of operations. Garrisons in Warlords of Draenor will also give players the ability to construct and maintain a faction controlled Garrison. World of Warcraft players will be able to hire NPCs to live in their faction’s Garrison to gather resources as well as take on quests at the players’ disposal.
Warlords of Draenor will bring new battlegrounds, boss fights, six five-player dungeons, two raid instances, quests and more to World of Warcraft. New PvP zones will also be featured.
Blizzard has said the Warlords of Draenor realm will be split into seven zones:
- Forstfire Ridge – Snowy lands populated but the heroes of the Forstwolf clan and the Horde.
- Shadowmoon Valley – The holy temple of Karabor team up with the Alliance to fight of the Iron Horde and Shadowmoon clan amongst moonlit knols.
- Gorgond – Desert waste made home to the Blackrock clan.
- Talador – Auchenai Soul Priests promise to safeguard the draenei souls inside their heaven Auchindoun.
- Spires of Arak – Arrakoa live on their high jagged peaks playing keep away with the merciless Shattered Hand orcs below.
- Nagrand – The Warsong clan protect the rolling hills of Nagrand.
- Tanaan Jungle – Bleeding Hollow clan are building a portal where the Iron Horde army awaits in preparation to conquer Azeroth.
Are you looking forward to Warlords of Draenor? Like many has it been a while since you ran around in World of Warcraft , is this next instalment feature filled enough to get you back in?
Let us know what you’re thinking in the comments below; or talk to us directly: @lacerta_3 (Sean Lizamore), @FeroXs (Sam Watts) and of course@MouseandKey.
For all your PC gaming goodness keep it locked under Mouse and Key.